Whoever is reading this post, thank you for taking time out of your day to connect with me! I hope you are all doing well. In case you missed my last post, I have been dealing with depression but I don’t want it to prevent me from writing. I’m determined to fight my demons through writing, which is a therapeutic outlet for me.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is per recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy. Thank you, Ilona, for nominating me. Ilona runs a popular blog called easydiet.blog which has become popular since she first launched it. I feel like I can resonate with Ilona on many levels because she speaks from her heart and takes the time to connect with her readers. Even though we live miles away from each other, it doesn’t feel like we are separated by distance.
Ilona’s blog is very inspiring and optimistic! If you don’t follow her blog already, you should definitely check out her blog.
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Rules🌞
The Sunshine Blogger Award has rules (surprise, surprise!). These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners. The rules are quite simple and straightforward.
Rules for Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Questions I was asked:
1. What do you enjoy most in blogging? I enjoy connecting with other bloggers because I feel like I am a part of something bigger. I also feel like I belong in this community and the atmosphere seems much more positive and inviting compared to other platforms (I’m looking at you, Facebook).
2. What has been your most successful blog post and why do you think it was such a success? I am not sure which blog post is most successful, but I am guessing that it is probably Life is Not All Sunshine and Rainbows since it seemed to get the most likes and comments. This is the also the first blog post where I openly wrote about depression.
3. What was your happiest moment in life so far? This is a hard question to answer since I am fortunate to have had more than one “happiest moment” in my life. I was happy when I met my now husband, when we got married, and when our daughter was born. My answers are so cliché but these are my most memorable moments.
4. What is your little wish you would like to come through the soonest? I wish for things to get better in 2019. So far, it’s been a rough year for me and I would really like to see big improvements. I am sick and tired of feeling “stuck” in life. This is a quarter-life crisis maybe?
5. A day on the beach or a day exploring a city? I burn easily in the sun so a day exploring a city!
6. Where would you like to travel next? Japan.
7. What is your favourite season and why? I am an August baby so summer has always been my favourite season. I also like summer because this season promotes relaxation unless you work/study year-round. Even summer semesters seem more relaxed.
8. Eating what food brings to you some happy memories about your childhood? My oma makes the best cakes and desserts. Her cakes are mouthwatering and delectable. She still makes them but I live across the country, so I cannot enjoy them sadly.
9. Who is your favourite historical character and why? I never really cared for history. Terry Fox is not my favourite historic figure but I remember him well because we had to do this Terry Fox run every Friday in elementary school. And to make things worse, it was timed and graded.
10. What is the piece of music that brings back to your happy memories? Wind of Change by the Scorpions. My dad told me that I had the entire song memorized by age 4. My best memory is singing this song in his Volkswagen with the windows rolled down.
11. If you could go back in time when would you like to live? I prefer to live in the present, not in the past.
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees🌞
Questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2. What year did you publish your first blog post?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
4. Do you own a pet? If so, what kind?
5. Do you have any routines before you write a blog post?
6. What motivates you to write? Where do you find inspiration?
7. What country do you live in?
8. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
9. Are you a morning person or a night person?
10. What languages do you speak?
11. What do you fear the most?
And….GO!! There is no pressure to respond to this nomination, as I know you have very busy lives outside of the blogging world. I look forward to reading your answers if you do decide to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am curious to know what your answers are!