Whoever is reading this post, thank you for taking time out of your day to connect with me! I hope you are all doing well. In case you missed my last post, you can read all about it here: My Favourite Things.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is per recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy. Thank you, Stay Alive, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is the second award that I have been nominated for and I am excited to participate in the Q&A yet gain.
Stay Alive runs a popular blog called reaosons2stayhome, which is a fairly new blog that has recently gained momentum in the blogging community. I am not surprised considering that this blog speaks to many people who suffer from depression and anxiety. The purpose of Stay Alive is exactly what the blog implies – to stay alive by finding purpose in your life and a reason to live.
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Rules🌞
The Sunshine Blogger Award has rules (surprise, surprise!). These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners. The rules are quite simple and straightforward.
Rules for Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Question I was asked by Stay Alive:
1. If there was absolutely nothing stopping you, what would you do to make this world a better place? I would ensure that people have access to clean water and as well as food security. Most of the world lacks access to these basic needs as people continue to die from starvation and preventable infections caused by contaminated water. Considering that first world countries have an abundance of food and access to clean, running water, I personally think that it pathetic that wealthy countries are so full of greed and people care more about how many likes their Instagram photo has. Meanwhile, there are impoverished people in this world who are struggling just to stay alive.
Stay Alive asked a great question! I personally enjoy answering questions, so I am also including Ilona’s questions to make my replies a bit more interesting. Ilona’s blog is very inspiring and optimistic. If you don’t follow her blog already, you should definitely check out her blog for her latest updates at https://easydiet.blog/
Questions asked by Ilona:
1. Tell me two things that prompted you to start a blog? I wanted to get away from Facebook and needed a safe place to vent to to the world while making sense of my life through writing. A blog seemed like the most logical outlet for my needs. Also, I had previously used WordPress for a project in university, so I already knew the how to use this platform when I started blogging.
2. What is the happiest day in your life? This is a hard question to answer since I am fortunate to have had more than one “happiest day” in my life so far. I was happy when I met my now husband, when we got married, and when our daughter was born. My answers are so cliché but these are my most memorable moments. [copied answer from Sunshine Blogger Award 1.0]
3.What absolutely excites you right now? I don’t really have much to be excited about these days, but if I had to choose something, it would be the progress that I am making with my weight loss. I would like to wear crop tops and bikinis this summer, which I believe is possible if I continue to stick to my diet consisting mostly of unprocessed, anti-inflammatory foods.
4. What’s the most important thing I should know about you? I suffer from depression and I am currently seeking help. I do not let depression define who I am as a person. I also feel like depression allows us to play victim and throw pity parties for ourselves which is NOT what I intend to do with this blog. Sometimes, we are just dealt a bad hand in life but that does not mean that we should continue to using the same crappy cards dealt to us over and over again.
5. What are you currently reading? I am not reading any books at the moment. Sometimes I will casually skim through “You Are a Badass: How to Start Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life” by Jen Sincero.
6. What do you think is the driving force in your life? I was put on this planet to heal people. I don’t know how exactly, but I know that I am supposed to be a healer in this life. I used to interpret this as a future nutritionist, but fate did not work out that way. Now, I am interpreting this calling as a registered nurse. However, I have faced several challenges trying to achieve my goal of becoming a nurse. I still don’t know how to interpret the role of a healer or what I am truly passionate about.
7. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this year/month/week? Honestly, not much. I am literally at a standstill in life and feel like I have hit a brick wall. There isn’t anything that I have to look forward to right now except $1 iced coffee all summer, if that counts.
8. If you had the opportunity to meet one person you haven’t met, who would it be, why, and what would you talk about? I would like to meet a girl I met online who I’ve known for several years now. We used to admin Facebook Pages together back when I was still using Facebook. She recently started a blog called https://sadlonelybutterfly.wordpress.com/ and I encourage you to check our her blog. One day, my husband and I will probably have the opportunity to visit her and I’m sure we will talk about many things. I would like to meet her family and her boyfriend. Right now, we call each other on the phone and talk for hours at a time. Since we both enjoy video games and anime, I can see us binging on our favorite pastimes when we meet each other in real life.
9. Who is your role model? A family friend who I grew up with and happens to live in the same city as me. We don’t hang out that much anymore. She basically has the life I want and I envy her. I am also a bit jealous of her which is something I know stems from my own insecurities. I never told her that she is my role model.
10. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask? Can science prove the existence of God?
11. How can I be most helpful to you right now? I am not sure how to interpret this question. It would help if you read my blog. Also, be sure to “like” this post if you enjoyed reading it. All of your feedback is helpful and comments are welcome. It helps to know what my fellow readers would like to see more of in future posts.
🌞Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees🌞
Questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2. What year did you publish your first blog post?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
4. Do you own a pet? If so, what kind?
5. Do you have any routines before you write a blog post?
6. What motivates you to write? Where do you find inspiration?
7. What country do you live in?
8. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
9. Are you a morning person or a night person?
10. What languages do you speak?
11. What do you fear the most?
And….GO!! There is no pressure to respond to this nomination, as I know you have very busy lives outside of the blogging world. I look forward to reading your answers if you do decide to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am curious to know what your answers are! BTW, I am reusing the same questions I asked last time because I haven’t previously nominated these bloggers.