The other day, I was scrolling through WP when I stumbled upon Deandra’s 20 Fall Questions Tag on her blog called The Black Princess Diaries (TBPD). Even though I wasn’t asked to do this tag, I wanted to participate because it seemed like something I would enjoy doing! If you have a moment, I recommend checking out Deandra’s blog.
Today, I am excited to share my 20 Fall
Questions Answers with you now that we are well into autumn. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. What is your favorite fall drink? My favourite fall drink is hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick!
2. What’s one thing you love about fall? I like that it is not winter season yet. I am not a fan of cold temperatures and snow. I like that I can still spend time outdoors with my daughter and go for my daily walks.
3. What’s one thing you don’t like about fall? I am not a fan of any month ending in -ber aka. The “burr” months: September, October, November, December. These months mean that the end of the year is approaching, the days are getting shorter, and temperatures are dropping.
4. Are you a pumpkin spice fan? Yes, I even have pumpkin spice in my pantry! A few days ago, I tried the pumpkin spice Timbits (donut holes) from Tim Hortons, which were nothing special to be honest. Timbits look like this:
5. What’s your favorite fall scented candle? This is tricky because I stopped buying candles. My favorite candle is Eucalyptus Spearmint from Bath & Body Works but that’s more of a winter scent. If I had to choose a candle scent for fall, it would probably be a basic vanilla scented candle. I am not a big fan of artificially scented candles unless they smell really nice!
6. Where do you buy your fall candles? I used to purchase candles from Bath & Body Works. Now, I am hesitant to burn candles because they aren’t safe around little kids.
7. What’s your go-to fall beauty product? Since I don’t typically wear makeup, my favorite fall beauty product is an Apple Pie bubble bath/skin cleanser by Korres. This is my favorite skin-care brand! ♥
8. Your favorite fall accessory? Mittens, perhaps? We’re gonna need them soon. I live in Canada so when it gets cold, it gets really cold.
9. What’s your typical fall outfit look like? I am not the right person to ask for fashion advice. I lack fashion sense and I am tactile sensitive, which limits my options. My feet are really small so most shoes don’t fit me. Also, did I forget to mention that I have a minimalist closet? My husband owns more clothes than I do 🤷♀️ I live in hoodies, long-sleeve shirts, jeans, sweat pants, or leggings, and sneakers.
10. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie for me. Apple pie for my husband. We can never agree on pie! Costco apple pie is actually pretty good so we usually compromise with Costco Apple Pie.
11. What’s your favorite Halloween/scary movie? I don’t really watch movies so I don’t know ⁉
12. Do you have a fall tradition? Apple picking when I was a kid. Sadly, there are no apple orchards around here. Pumpkin patches are the next best thing.
13. What’s your favorite fall food? Does Halloween candy count? I love the variety of miniature chocolate bars and candy that stores sell this time of year.
14. What are your plans for Halloween? I don’t want the pandemic to ruin trick-or-treating this year. I plan to take my daughter trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. Last year, it wasn’t cancelled (surprisingly) so we took her trick-or-treating last minute, and she loved it! 🎃
15. Do you plan on dressing up for Halloween? Nope!
16. What’s one thing you’re grateful for? I am grateful for my husband. Without him, I wouldn’t have my 2nd undergraduate degree, my cat, our kids, and our townhouse. Without him, I wouldn’t be living in this province. My life is better because of him ♥️
17. Halloween or Thanksgiving? I only care about Halloween because #candy and my daughter likes it. My adult self prefers Thanksgiving because #pumpkin-pie.
18. Favorite Thanksgiving food(s)? My mom’s turkey stuffing is amazing and I have her recipe. Sometimes, I make stuffing even when it’s not Thanksgiving. One thing you should know about this stuffing is that we don’t use it to stuff a turkey. My mom and I do not like stuffed birds and soggy stuffing, so we serve our stuffing as a side dish instead. Another favourite of mine is homemade orange-cranberry sauce! 😋
19. Have you ever participated in Friendsgiving? Um, what did you call it? The title “Friendsgiving” sounds so cringe to me. Let’s call it what it is: it is a get-together dinner for adult friends. And no, I haven’t participated in “Friendsgiving” because quite frankly, I don’t have a circle of friends to celebrate it with. The majority of my friends are online.
20. Have you already taken fall photos? I used to, but I stopped taking photos a while ago. I am not sure why I stopped. Instead, I will entertain you with some photos of my in-laws’ dog playing in a pile of leaves.
You are all welcome to participate in this tag if you would like! If you do decide to participate, I ask that you credit the person who gave you the idea in the first place, whether it is Deandre or myself, or another blogger. Do you agree with my answers? Did any of my answers surprise you? I look forward to reading your replies in the comments section below ↓
Thank you for stopping by!