Despite feeling sick, I attempted to make shortbread the other day and failed miserably. My advice is to let the butter rest at room temperature until it is totally soft. The butter must be soft in order for this recipe to work. I made the mistake of beating the butter while it was still partly chilled which resulted in pie crust cookies. You don’t want that.
CLASSIC SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- Beat butter until creamy but not oily.
- Sift dry ingredients four times; add to creamed mixture a little at a time.
- Work ingredients with a spoon as long as possible, then turn mixture on floured board and knead until mixture cracks slightly.
- Pat to 1/3″ thickness.
- Cut with fancy cookie cutters and back at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section below ↓ I love reading your comments.❤️