Here is my favourite cookie recipe of all time! I love making mini Christmas cookies and decorating them with cute sprinkles. If you live in Canada, you can buy these sprinkles at Bulk Barn. I also like to package these cookies in tins to give away as hostess gifts. When my now husband and I were first dating, I gave these cookies to his family as an attempt to win them over and I think it worked.
“They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. It’s the same way with women… or at least the ones I want to be with.” -Ian Somerhalder
These cookies are a timeless classic and are totally worth the hard labor it took to make them. Just kidding! Decorating them is a lot of fun and it doesn’t feel like work to me. If you enjoy baking, you’ll probably enjoy making these cookies. The best part about mini cookies? You can eat 10 of them in one sitting without feeling guilty about it!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups of flower
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cling film (optional)
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- Add butter to mixture and combine until crumbly.
- Add eggs and vanilla to mixture.
- Roll out dough and wrap in cling film (optional).
- Chill in fridge for approx. 1 hour.
- Slice dough with fancy cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section below ↓ I love reading your comments.❤️