Most recipes found on this blog are designed for 1-2 people, particularly college students or small families who are short on time. If you are making this smoothie for 4 people, simply double the recipe. You can add other fruits such as peaches or add a handful of spinach/kale for a green smoothie. If cantaloupe isn’t your preference, use other melon instead, such as honeydew. Original recipe sourced from book, Clean Eating for Dummies.
Servings: 2 Time: 10 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 1 cup peeled, cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 banana, frozen chunks
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the cantaloupe, banana, orange juice and lemon juice to a blender (I am using a Vitamix blender). Cover and blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the yogurt, flaxseed and vanilla. Cover and blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and add milkshake straws (optional). Serve immediately.