Nothing beats this classic drink recipe. I made this drink often while pregnant, and was questioned several times whether there was actual alcohol in it! This is my version of the Piña Colada, tested and approved from the comfort of my home. Cheers!
Virgin Piña Colada
Servings: 1 Time: 2 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 4 tbsp. crushed pineapple
- 1/3 can low fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 6 ice cubes
- Using a personal blender (I use a Nutri Ninja), add the crushed pineapple, pineapple juice and coconut milk. Quickly pulse the ingredients. Using a spoon, taste to make sure the coconut balances the pineapple. If flavours are balanced, continue to step #2.
- Add the ice. Personally, I like my drink very iced so I use 6 cubes. Slowly add a few ice cubes and pulse. Then add a few more ice cubes so the blender doesn’t get jammed. When the desired consistency is reached, it is ready to drink.
- Pour into a fancy glass and add a milkshake straw (optional).